Wednesday, September 27, 2017

BELINDA'S GLASS STUDIO 'BEACH AT SUNSET' NIGHT LIGHT



BEACH AT SUNSET NIGHT LIGHT. Belinda Pefanis, of Belinda’s Glass Studio in Calgary, was really inspired when she created this night light. She writes, “I can't tell you how many times I've come across a beautiful fused glass beach scene by a glass artist named Faye Malench. She's created a waved art panel featuring sand, rocks, grass and this amazing orange and yellow sun. I have it saved to a Pinterest page and I look at it almost daily with the same two thoughts: 1) I want to try and recreate this; 2) It's so unique and special ... it would be very wrong to try and recreate this. Recently I found her blog and decided I had to know how she made the sun. It has these amazing orange rings and a darker orange outside that looks so perfect and would be extremely difficult to create. It turns out she created the sun in a pot melt. It's so perfect. If you are into glass, you'll know pot melts are really unpredictable. Anyway, in her blog, someone wrote and said they wanted to try and recreate this scene and she said anyone can recreate it as long as they give a mention to her name. So after a year of admiring Faye's piece, I was am excited to try and tackle this scene. I haven't done a pot melt yet. My sun is very pale in comparison but it was really fun to create anyway. Thank you Faye! Your work is so wonderful!” And so is yours, Belinda! The glass portion of the night light measures 3 inches by 3 inches and the light sensor adds an extra inch on the bottom. The night light features an automatic on/o sensor and comes with a clear 4 watt bulb. For more information about Belinda’s Glass Studio, visit her Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/BelindasGlassStudio.

No comments:

Post a Comment