Tuesday, August 22, 2017

ADRIANNE JESWIET, ARTIST



RECYCLED LIGHT BULB ORNAMENT. This gorgeous ornament started out as a dead light bulb but was transformed by the imagination and talent of Kenora, Ontario, artist Adrianne Jeswiet. The bulb was coated with a translucent glass paint and will glow when the sun hits it. If it’s hung in a window it will help prevent birds from hitting the glass. It can also be hung on your Christmas tree. The relief pattern, making up the chickadees and trees, have been painstakingly sculpted by hand and baked onto the glass. Take a look at how detailed these birds are - amazing! Adrianne started her Etsy shop eight years ago. She had just met her now husband and he had convinced her to move from southern Ontario up to the North. It did not take any convincing.... “he is a fabulous guy and I was up for an adventure.” I had been making my recycled glass work for 15 years at that point and I was wondering how this move was going to affect my overall sales since the population up here is much smaller. A good friend recommended Etsy to me. It seemed like a fabulous opportunity to reach more people, despite being in such a rural setting. She helped me set up my shop and I've been learning and growing ever since.” For more information, visit Adrianne’s Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/kissinglass/

No comments:

Post a Comment